Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First, one

When considering blogging, one should consider the masses that have perilously traveled before them unto their own demise. Vacant URLs crowd the internet with what could have been an interesting blog about how your dog Rufus is doing.

A verse comes to mind.

"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." Matthew 7:13-14


I am considering how I might heed Jesus' warning (above) about frequently traveled highways and wide, easy gates. I'm banking on a different reading of this text, my own destruction pending :) Nevertheless, my lovely wife and I will attempt to enter through the narrow gate in blogging, as some have done before. Travel wisely, pilgrims, and pack lightly.

My wife Rachel came up with the idea to start a blog to inform family and friends (and arch-nemeses?) of what we're doing and thinking, mainly because we know we're cool and wanted to inform everyone. I jest. We would cherish your interest and comments on our random postings and simply your general sharing life together with us.

I (Colin speaking) will most likely post thoughts of the Bible, cultural critique, music, and my endeavors in following the Christ.

Alas it is late and I must retire. Grace and Peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.


here I sit, I can do no other.

2 comments:

  1. ummmm, heck yes i'll read your thoughts :)

    miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the plural is Arch Nemesese

    ReplyDelete