Tuesday, April 12, 2011

a change of scenery.

It's been a crazy two weeks! We are in the new house and love it... so much. We are pretty much obsessed with the fact that we have a dishwasher and actual counter space among other things. The one thing that's kind of killing me is not being able to paint the walls-- I don't know how to function without my marigold kitchen. Anyway, I'll take pictures once I feel as though it's adequately settled (or, at least when we don't have boxes to unpack anymore).

I did take this one picture of the amazing lamp we found while thrifting the other week. The poor thing was so caked in dirt that you could barely tell it was white-- Colin actually cringed when I asked him to hold it (Although, he now admits how glad he is that we bough it!). I knew it had potential and I was right! It fits right in. Love the ceramic and wood together.


It's so funny how much tastes can change in such a little amount of time. I remember a couple of years ago sharing how much I couldn't stand most female singers and wouldn't choose to listen to most. Lately I'm obsessed-- Feist, Zee Avi, A Fine Frenzy, and more lately, The Bird and the Bee. The femininity of this genre almost seems to lend itself to the breezy, sunny season that's upon us.



Enjoy! Hope everyone's having a great week. Let's enjoy spring while it lasts!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it all! I got you guys a house warming gift yesterday. -Elise

    ReplyDelete