Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby Steps to the Nursery...

It's November! I can't even believe it. Time is absolutely flying.

Found this awesome video on babble, and it definitely inspired me! I love wearing scarves, and usually settle for the classic loose drape. Here are 25 wonderful ways to wear your scarf (and just the cutest video!)



We have officially begun putting together (and I say that as loosely as possible) Little Girl's nursery! I have been gathering ideas for a while now, but we now have a crib on the way as well as some beautiful crib bedding. We also found a dresser/changing table at the thrift store this weekend, so once I finish painting it I'll post about that as well!

We opted for the simple and classic look of a white Jenny Lind-style crib. If you look at nurseries on Apartmenttherapy or Pinterest, you will see this crib everywhere. It's simple and affordable!

(Both images found via apartmenttherapy)

For bedding we decided to go with this babydarling pink and mustard crib set (she also has an adorable gray and yellow set that we considered if we were having a little boy!). I always thought I would be one of those moms who didn't do any form of pink for her little girl (I've never been much of a fan of pink), but I absolutely love the way small pink accents complement my favorite color of all, mustard. If you know me at all, you probably knew mustard was going to make an appearance somewhere in this room ;)


All this to say, my etsy favorites list grows and grows by the day (I've said it before and I'll say it again, that website is DANGEROUS), and I am so looking forward to putting together Little Girl's room bit by bit.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I love the video so much! I am going to have to watch it multiple times so that I can try different ways of tying scarves!

    Also, the crib and bedding are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally thought the same thing when it comes to pink. I actually decided on yellow and have a yellow and grey bed set for her. But now, I grab for all the cute pink outfits and blankets that I thought I would use as a last resort. It's a simple truth that baby girls and pink together can not, and should not be ignored. It's a classic combination for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete