Sunday, December 19, 2010

brrrr.

1. this week has been so busy, non-stop! typical holiday season. between applying/interviewing for jobs (pretty sure i landed one!), seeing friends (and their sweet babies!), Bible study, Colin's work Christmas party (where we won a $40 giftcard to Arizona's steakhouse at Sandhills! yay date night!), a graduation party, a wedding, and tonight our church's Christmas ball... whew. it's been a lot of fun, though!

2. two nights ago, at a graduation party, i was standing around with a few guys and one other girl. we soon realized through talking that there is a great disparity between what women men find attractive and what women think. It almost reminded me of the Office episode where they have a debate on whether or not Hilary Swank is "hot". In my opinion, these are some of the most beautiful women i've ever seen:

a. Camilla Belle.


b. Emma Watson.


c. Zooey Deschanel.


anyways, i'll bet most of you can guess some of the women that the guys named. what do you think? agree, disagree?

3. Saw this article this morning on A Cup Of Jo. How fun! A columnist for the NY times and his son did dough art. here are some of my favorites:








via.

4. also, peppermint mocha coffeemate creamer > anything else. i still like black coffee, but this creamer is delicious and so festive!

6 days until Christmas!

the wife.

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Rachel!
    I love the dough creations!
    And, I think that conversation would have been oh so interesting to hear : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, those girls all look like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I thought the same thing as rod

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of those women are in my top 15. I only watched "Elf" because Zooey's in it, and Emma was, for a time, my number one Hollywood Hottie. I allow myself one at a time. Presently, it's Summer Glau. It's great to know i have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no (to rod and sarah's comment)! i totally don't think i look like them (save being a brunette... i'm biased, i love dark hair) but it was not intentional! i'm not trying to stroke my own ego by my "most beautiful women" list, i PROMISE.

    and kevin, we must have the same taste in women :) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. emmy rossum, lisa hannigan, jennifer garner, mia maestro. what would be interesting is a post on guys...

    ReplyDelete