Friday, December 10, 2010

it's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees...

winter is upon us! high of 37 on wednesday?? aah. moving our little space heater into our bathroom for when i get out of the shower was one of the best ideas i've had in forever. toasty. also, a sprinkle of cinnamon in your cup of coffee does, in fact, brighten your day, just a little bit.

this looks really good right about now.. 43 degrees. BLAGH.


what. the. heck. what is this? so cool! when Colin saw it, he said, "No. no. NO." haha.

the Wood between the Worlds.


why have i not been listening to Joni Mitchell all my life? I love her! I'm finding more and more lately that I love the sound of music from earlier days. If anyone has good recommendations for other artists, please let me know.



James Taylor at Christmas, also. I will always have love for sweet baby James... always.

trusting in Jesus in the midst of sorrow does not go unnoticed by Him.
As a sweet friend instructed me, "you just walk." I have found a compassion that is incomparable to anything else. It is such a sweet truth that He is near to us in our grief. i am hungry for His presence. thank you, Lord, for grace to trust You.

grace and peace.

2 comments:

  1. "they're puttin' up reindeer, singing songs of joy and peace" - joni is huge in my family, so i was blessed to grow up on court and spark. blue is my favorite record by her. oh, but please do yourself a favor and never, EVER get her latest release, "shine." ...ever. it will damage some deeply rooted, idealized view of joni that you'll never be able to recover. it's that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. High of 85 today. After weeks of hibernation, my legs are shaved and I'm sweating in shorts. Just consider the move :)

    ReplyDelete