Monday, January 10, 2011

sickly.

1. Woke up this morning with a pounding headache, sore throat, and achey body. Immediately decided to go back to bed and slept until 4 (!!!) in the afternoon. Only glanced through our blinds at the snow... There are more significant things than snow when you feel like death warmed over, I think. You know how, when you're sick, you start to wonder what it was ever like to feel not sick? I've only been sick for 24 hours and already I'm feeling that way. ugh. All I have to say is, thank goodness for throat coat tea! I have been drinking it like nobody's business.


2. I just heard that the book,
The Great Gatsby, is being remade into a newer film-- featuring Leonardo Dicaprio as Gatsby himself and Carey Mulligan as Daisy! I could not be more excited! I have such high hopes for this film. I have loved this book for a long time, so we'll see. Leo can't seem to go wrong.


3. I can't stop listening to Andrew Belle. his album,
The Ladder, has been on repeat all night. In a few of his songs he brings out his banjo, also, which I love. His voice is so soothing, and I love the folky elements that he brings in this album. This song makes me want to go on a night drive in the summer, with my feet on the dash, holding my best friend's hand.



4. And lastly, because I love food... one of the simplest (but tastiest) things I prepared for dinner this week. I adapted it just a little bit from this recipe here. I followed her recipe, except I doubled it and instead of soy sauce I added balsamic vinegar (yum). This tastes AWESOME. Highly recommend it if you want something fresh, and if, like in our case, the spinach you have in your fridge is starting to wilt a little!

via broke and healthy.


Hope everyone is enjoying having some time off from school and work! Stay warm.

grace and peace, the wife.

2 comments:

  1. So excited about The Great Gatsby!!

    Hope you feel better soon!
    I know the feeling of wondering what it felt like to not be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like there's so much music I need to get from you. aka. like this song.

    ReplyDelete