Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Checking another desire in life off the list! Seeing Ray Lamontagne live.

Yesterday, Colin and I made a quick visit to Cary, NC-- to see our good friend Ray Lamontagne! My parents are avid concert-goers, and, knowing of my love for Ray, bought us tickets to come and see him months ago. Colin and I were in NC for no longer than 14 hours (seriously), but got to spend some good quality time with my parents and see an amazing show.



Seeing Ray live was incredible. I firmly believe that he is one of the most solid and timeless artists of our generation. As I've read in interviews of his before, he's super shy, so most of the time the lights weren't shining on him. He kept his hat down low, and while he was cordial and thankful to the audience, he clearly focused on the music and that was all. We had GREAT seats , and it was at a nice venue-- Koka Booth Ampitheater. It was 70 degrees outside and couldn't have been a more perfect night. And oh, boy. If you can imagine his voice being more beautiful in person, it was. He wooed the audience. He sang with emotion. He rocked the harmonica, His band, the Pariah dogs, was awesome, and I was genuinely sad when it was over!

If you ever get the chance, see Ray Lamontagne live! I'll leave you with our favorite song of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment