Thursday, September 1, 2011

muchas gracias, and Origins' Charcoal Mask review!

Let's all talk about our fabulous new banner! I can't say enough about Sarah. Not only is she beautiful, talented, and one of the most interesting people I've ever met, she's charitable and so giving of her time. I emailed her late last night with a blog design question and within hours we're discussing ideas and she's sending me this lovely piece of work. She spent her valuable time help spruce up our little piece of web space, and we are so grateful! You rock, Sarah!

Just thought I'd pop in and do a product review. I'll be honest. I have been guilty for so many years of being one of those sinners who goes to bed with their makeup still on. I know, shame! That quickly changed, though, when I began working in cosmetics. Learning about proper skincare was so beneficial-- and slowly, a girl who rarely washed her face became somewhat of a product junkie. Thankfully I am able to feed these habits affordably, because let's be honest... I'm not going to pay $35 for my favorite moisturizer (Vitazing by Origins, if you're curious!).

Origins' Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask is by far one of my favorite things. It works to draw out impurities and yuckies from your skin... you know how, when you hear about people overdosing on drugs, the doctors give them a charcoal cocktail to consume? It helps to soak up and draw the bad things out of one's system. This mask functions in the same way. (Before you put the mask on, be sure to open up your pores with a warm washcloth!) The consistency is wonderful-- it's thick and clay-like. When you first put it on your face you get that refreshing tingle, and then it begins to dry. it takes around 15-20 minutes to dry, giving you that tight can't-move-a-muscle feeling. I'm not going to lie-- it is difficult to take off. It is best to take the mask off using an exfoliant to slough away the dead skin and cells that are extracted from your pores.

I use this mask twice a week. It's a nice little luxury to spend those few minutes to pamper yourself! The wonderful thing about it is that it won't dry your skin out if used correctly, but leaves your face refreshed and smooth. I've also noticed the larger pores on my nose shrink, which is great! It's $21 for a bottle that'll last you a long while.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. aww shucks, I'm glad I could help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mask! One of my best friends used to work at Origins and that was by far my favorite product. I worked at Merle Norman (that's where I met that friend actually) and working in skin care and cosmetics taught me a ton! I miss those days actually!

    ReplyDelete