Tuesday, July 27, 2010

365.

dear Colin,
i like when you break into spontaneous dance, complete with arms flailing and/or black girl ghetto booty dancing. it truly doesn't matter if anyone is watching or cares, and i like that.
i like when you call me names according to what i'm wearing in the most endearing voice ("hey, loose jeans!")
i like the way you ask me, "how's your heart today?"
i like the way you love Jesus, and talk about Him with reverence as well as familiarity and closeness. i like learning from you.
i like the way you ask me to scratch your back with the most urgent voice, like your life depended on it. then again 1 minute later.
i like how adamant you are when you tell me that i'm beautiful. and that you won't let me get away with thinking otherwise.
i like that you're still excited to see me every single day, and get a ridiculous grin on your face when you do. i am so blessed to be the reason for that smile.
i like waking up in the morning knowing that there is a text message from you in my inbox, reminding me that i am loved by both you and the Lord.
i like hearing you talk about our future family. i like to think of you being my baby daddy, and sharing your tenderness and passion with little beings that we create together.


today marks our first full year of marriage.
the past year being married to this man has been, hands down, the best year of my life.

i still look over at him sleeping at night or in the morning and get chills and my heart leaps, because i'm so happy to see him there and to know that this is real.
it's weird how you can love someone more and more everyday..
and scary that we thought we were "in love" last year (and the year before that, and the year before that). compared to what we have now, that was just silly talk!

i love you, Colin Kiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment